Killing Complexity for a Lean and Agile Organization
The parameters of competition in business are changing — big does not necessarily beat small. It’s now about the fast beating the slow. Product and service life cycles are collapsing and what organizations do today will be made obsolete far earlier than anticipated. Disrupters are arriving from out of the blue: Tesla invading automotive, Uber redefining the taxi industry, Netflix undermining conventional television programming.
- Recognizing your true customers and understanding their needs and wants
- Eliminating the products, services, processes, and “work” that get in the way of delivering value to those customers
- Overcoming the barriers to agility
- Focusing people and processes toward value creation, even in what are perceived as non-customer-centric operations
- Avoiding brand confusion and the “all things to all people” mentality