This online digital systems course will introduce core concepts related to how organizations use information systems to solve business problems. By the end of the course, students will possess the understanding and skills to:
1. Track emerging business systems and technologies in terms of their opportunities and pitfalls for organizations.
2. Collaborate and work with business systems staff and consultants.
3. Work as team members on business systems projects.
4. Analyse the challenges (e.g., security and privacy) faced by organizations in the digital world.
5. Design digital strategies that align with an organization’s strategy and operating model.
6. Explain different digital and organizational capabilities that are important for executing effectively, including governance, implementation, and evidence‐based decision making.
Exclusions Anti‐requisite - COMM 190
This course is not open to students enrolled in the Commerce Program.